Aim of the study
Voice technology and digital voice-assistants are considered a business area with great potential. Smart speakers are a key driver for growth, and sales of these products have been increasing steadily for years in Germany as well. This study examines this market segment in more detail and sheds light on the following topics:
- How widespread are smart speakers in Germany?
- What Germans think about smart speakers
- How extensively and to which purposes smart speakers are currently used in Germany
- In March 2020 2,042 people took part in an online survey by YouGov Deutschland GmbH. The available results were assessed and are representative of the German population aged 18 and over.
- Additionally, patterns of smart-speaker use were investigated in detail in March 2020 in an online survey of 1,196 technophile German adults (recruited via social media channels).
- In the first Beyto Smart Speaker Study 2019 of the previous year, 1,507 people interested in technology were polled, so that we can make interesting comparisons in some areas.
Publisher of the study
The survey was designed and commissioned by the digital agency Beyto, which specializes in voice and intelligent assistants. Beyto’s goal is to significantly push the envelope in the German-language voice-assistant market in the following years. To that aim, the agency continually invests in market research projects to provide the industry with deep insights into this rapidly growing business sector.